Welcome to Season 2: A New York State of Crime! Today, Alicia has the story of the lethal love triangle, and gruesome murder, that sent shockwaves from Long Island to Wall Street. The 2001 slaying of multi-millionaire investment banker Ted Ammon in his East Hampton home generated salacious headlines for years. Our man Nick covered the case in a 2005 episode of Power Privilege and Justice, and today’s Done & Dunne also includes contemporaneous reporting by Vanity Fair’s Michael Shnayerson, The Daily Mail’s Lydia Warren, and more.
- Murder in East Hampton | Vanity Fair | January 2002 (archive.vanityfair.com)
- The Murder in East Hampton | Ted Ammon | Crime Documentaries (YouTube link)
- A Murder Mystery, A Money Mess (BusinessWeek via archive.org)
- Twins adopted by wealthy banker who was bludgeoned to death by mother’s lover in Hamptons home reveal guilt at how she turned them against him before his murder (dailymail.co.uk)
- 59 Middle Lane, East Hampton, NY 11937 (townandcountryhamptons.com)
- MY SLAY-DAY SEX WITH TED – AMMON’S LOVE TELLS OF HOT TRYST (nypost.com)
- MERRY WIDOW RAKES IT IN WITH TED’S PROPERTY (nypost.com)
- Court TV’s Power Privilege and Justice: Rich Man, Poor Man, Season 7, Episode 31. Original airdate February 16, 2005.